Monday, September 8, 2008

Packer's season opener

It was a very long off season for the Green Bay Packers. First Brett Favre retired after having one of the best seasons of his career. We then went ahead and drafted two quarterbacks in the 2008 NFL draft to make up for this loss. After the Packers did this, Brett Favre decided he wasn't ready to retire and wanted back in. In the end we couldn't take him back because the Packer organization moved forward by changing the offense. And we would have wasted two draft picks on quarterbacks that we didn't need. The Packers ended up trading Favre to the New York Jets for a 4th round draft pick which will become better pending on how the Jets finish the season.

Here the packers are a month later and ready for Monday Night Football! It will be a huge test for Aaron Rodgers to see if he can lead the Packers back to the playoffs. They are playing the Minnesota Vikings in Green Bay at Lambeau Field at 6:00 pm. Hopefully the Packers will be able to stop Adrian Peterson and put a tally in the win column. I am extremely happy that football is finally back. Unfortunately I will be at work during the game but will check the score as often as I can. Go Packers!

3 comments:

Adam said...

I thought this paragraph was well written. The topic sentence clearly stated the main idea of the paragraph, and there was adequate development as you stated a lot of good facts about the Packers' off-season. The paragraph was very balanced, I can't think of anything I would change.

Casey Peterson said...

This post moves the reader along really well. Very logical development. You include all the necessary information to know whats going on. A bit of foreshadowing too. Well written.

Anonymous said...

After all of the Brett Favre talk, it was really interesting to see if Rodgers could fill his HUGE shoes. I don't think many people were expecting much out of him just because they had put Favre on such a high pedestal for so many years. He did have a great game though, so the Packer's season looks pretty promising to me.