Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Dog

I have a two and a half year old siberian husky name Kahlua. He is very playful and full of energy. I decided to treat him to a delicious treat on sunday since he was so well behaved as of late. It was a huge cow bone from Walmart that must have weighed at least 5 lbs and was almost $10. I knew he would love it and couldn't wait to give it to him. When I gave it to him he didn't know what to do, it was the largest treat he had ever received. He was chewing on it for 2 hours before I decided to take it away from him so he wouldn't get sick. This is when I realized that giving him something this big was a huge mistake. He became very agressive and protective of his bone and didn't want anyone going near it. He didn't even want to go outside for fear of me or my roommate taking his bone away. Late last night he peed on my door and took a large number 2 on my stairs. He hasn't gone to the bathroom inside for 2 years until last night. After seeing the way he acted the past 2 days because of this bone I through it out.

2 comments:

Kaei said...

I love huskies. They are such a cool dog. Sorry about your mishap, but maybe get a medium sized bone instead of a big one.

Cassandra Jens said...

That story is hilarious. I'm sorry that you had to clean up doggie doo, and it's too bad that your dog became aggressive over the bone; but it is a good "lesson learned". That was the bone of his dreams! No wonder he didn't want to give it up or stop chewing on it.