Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Landscape/Horticulture
I am in the Landscape Horticulture program here at Western. The reason I decided to take this program was because I got sick of automotive and wanted to try something new. I enjoy being outside and working with the outdoors. After the first couple of class periods I realized that this would be a pretty cool profession. The classes I am currently taking this semester are Intro to Horticulture, Horticulture Soils, and Woody Plant Identification. All of them are interesting and am glad that I decided to take this program. Some of the other courses that I will be taking in the next three semesters are: Landscape Design 1 and 2, Garden Center Operations, Survey of Herbaceous Plants, Turf Management, Trends in Landscape Horticulture, Landscape Construction, Interiorscaping, Foremanship, Ornamental Plant Health Care, Arboriculture, and Horticulture Production. I'm excited to take the other classes and learn more about this type of profession. It's crazy to be able to walk down the street/sidewalk and know the name and type of plant that is right next to you. I strongly recommend that if you don't know yet what you want to do for a career to try the Landscape Horticulture program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I took some Ag classes in high school, my junior year we studied Horticulture. It is a great program, if you like to be outside. Good Luck!
That sounds like a very interesting program. It also sounds like it could be a really fun career. It would be really cool to name plants as you walk down the street, I wish I could sometimes, some of them are really cool plants.
Post a Comment